Let’s keep it real. Playing your favourite online casino games at GetLucky.com or any other casino is intended to be entertaining and fun. We believe that all casinos and websites associated with this industry have a responsibility to ensure each and every player receives the maximum enjoyment from their experience. However, this must be achieved without them overstepping their limits.
Responsible Gambling Tools
Online casinos offer a number of tools that are designed to keep your level of gambling healthy. Here is an overview of the main gambling control features available to you.
Casino players come from all walks of life. Although everyone has their own budget (large or small), it’s still wise to set your limits before you start playing. Most deposit limit tools allow you to choose between setting a daily, weekly or monthly limit.
This is the simplest, yet most effective method of controlling your expenditure. Furthermore, you can always change these limits. So, if your circumstances change, you’re able to reduce or increase your limit cap.
‘Out of sight, out of mind’ is a popular phrase and that’s exactly what product blocking is. This tool allows you to remove certain products from the menu of your gambling site. Please note, it only applies to gambling websites that offer multiple products within one account. For instance, if you like playing slot games, but you get drawn into having a bet on sports and playing poker, you can block the latter two, and only have access to the casino.
iGaming software developers strive to create immersive games that retain players’ attention. It’s very easy to get caught up in the thrill and entertainment and spend longer playing than you realised. This is where session reminders are a valuable asset. Essentially, it’s just a clock which gives you a friendly ‘reality check’ alert. Please remember, the casino will always be there 24/7, and the odds of the game will not change, so it makes no long-term difference to bankroll when you switch off and continue another day.
Short time-outs from playing can do wonders for keeping your gambling healthy. This tool allows players to temporarily exclude themselves from the casino. You can block yourself for 1 day through to 6 months.
If you feel that none of the above-mentioned tools have been effective, and you are spending too much time and money playing at the casino, a total self-exclusion is the best action to take. Most sites provide this option for 6 months to 5 years. You can reapply after your exclusion limit has ended if you feel that you are in control of your gambling once more.
Tips & Advice
Gambling is a powerful drug. It offers amazing highs when you win combined with the lows of losing. Never lose sight of the fact that the casino will always hold a long-term advantage. Therefore, with that in mind, here are a few quick tips to consider.
- Agree with yourself what your limits are. This applies to deposit limits, as well as win limits per session. If you decide prior to playing that you will walk away if you are €100 in profit, then stick to that.
- Don’t neglect your life to play at the casino. You may have a wife, husband and/or children that want your attention. Everyone has responsibilities, so make certain you fulfil yours before playing.
- Do not view casino gambling as a means for additional income. Video slots, roulette, baccarat, and so on are all games of chance. And, while blackjack and video poker involve some strategy, the house always has the edge.
- Limit when and how long you will play for. With the rise in popularity of mobile casinos, it has never been easier to quickly jump in and play, so you really need to be firm with yourself.
- Never gamble if under the influence of alcohol or another substance. This can severely affect your decision making, which may lead to larger losses.
Ultimately, responsible gambling tools can prove helpful, but they all rely on you being honest with yourself. Gambling addiction is very real and it can have a severe impact on not only your life but also those closest to you.
If you are truthful and honest with yourself that is when you will get the most satisfaction from having a little bet. However, if you feel that your gambling behaviour is becoming an issue, contact a professional organisation that can help you.